Monday 20 May 2013

Kiddie Lessons





Child is the father of man and rightly so! Kids have an innate sense of teaching adults through action and innocent banter, only if we cared to observe or worse, learn from. My kids have inadvertently taught me several things, now that I reflect via this opportunity.
They’ve imbibed in me to face life with courage and sunshine smiles. Kids are eternal optimists bouncing out of every situation with graceful ease. Fever, failure, accident or quarrel, they do not get bogged down by their aftermath. No rancor as everything is dissipated within moments and they revert to their own lovable selves. They have taught me to be forgiving, dissuading me from nursing grudges. When a favorite toy breaks, kids do cry, but a new one is enough to get them out of that phase. I have endeavored to apply this to my life, striving to give my best to every situation, but not moping on things that are essentially out of my control.
Kids have taught me to be curious about things around. The way I have seen them pick an object, look at and maneuver it has made me apply the same technique to situations around me. Everything is not what it appears to be and I have taken this leaf from their book. Situations cannot be taken at face value for they may not be the way they first appear and need insight, evaluation and revaluation to comprehend thoroughly.
Kids have taught me to appreciate every small joy that life throws up rather than wait for earth-shattering moments to cherish happiness. The sheer joy they experience in seemingly mundane things from an adult viewpoint is what I have imbued to be grateful for every passing moment and seeking fulfillment in it, living a lifetime in a single moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment