Tuesday 16 October 2012

My Dreams, My Aspirations!

http://www.glad2bawoman.com/

http://www.glad2bawoman.com/relationships/children/can-parents-ever-be-good-friends


I nurture an aspiration to contribute my mite towards society in the humble way I can.  I have been doing so consistently for the past two decades in rearing my two children to be conscientious global citizens and contribute positively towards the betterment of society.  Seeing them develop into mature, responsible young adults with their heads firmly on their shoulders, stimulated by standing up for what they know is right, makes me feel like this dream has taken root. 
 I educate two unprivileged girls and wish them educated and standing on their own feet because education is the only weapon with which one can aspire to change one’s status and the world.  This has been one dream I have fostered from a young age, believing that if I can educate even one girl child, it would mean educating a generation.  I sincerely follow this principle and have tried to illuminate a few lives with the lamp of literacy.  I have inculcated this aspiration in my kids that they have now voluntarily promised to bear the onus of educating at least one if not more who otherwise would have been lost in the mire of illiteracy and consequent degradation.  When we know better, we obviously do better is what prompts my son who is only fourteen and brilliant at studies to devote half an hour everyday to tutor the maid’s son.   I see this as the seed taking ground to flower and bear fruits and makes me feel complete as a mother and an individual of the conviction that education is the foundation stone towards arriving at a better tomorrow.  My children have vowed to put aside a portion of their earning towards creating a charity that would sponsor a needy child all the way to higher education which is a dream that will live on longer than I do.
I have a myriad of dreams which make a beautiful spectrum and keep alive the flame of living life meaningfully.  Of these, I aspire to leave the earth a better place for coming generations and have promised myself not to degrade the environment.  Therefore, I have banned usage of plastic bags in my house, am very conscious of water conservation and do not spill a drop more than that what I strictly need.  I do not even use chemical disinfectants, pesticides and deodorizers at home and try to keep a clean and fresh-smelling home by using herbal concoctions.  This is my way of working towards the dream to contribute something towards the generations to come. 
The words of James Dean remain with me at every step, “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.”  My dream of educating someone will live on much after I am dead and gone through my generations that will see the tomorrow which I will not.  Just as I have faith in them, I know that all things are possible to a heart that dreams and believes in their coming true.

No comments:

Post a Comment